Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2010

4 years 51 weeks ago....



Four years and 51 weeks ago I had tickets to see the Black Crowes. My friend, that was gonna go with me, backed out. I called everyone I could think of and asked if they'd like to go. Everybody had plans. I didn't know what to do, I wanted to go, but I hate going anywhere by myself. Sitting at the lunch table in the cafeteria was Blaine. We'd talked, but never much. He'd been in the library with his classes. That was about all the interactions we'd had. I asked him "Do you like the Black Crowes?" he said "yes." "I have an extra ticket for tonight, would you like to go?" "Sure"

He came to my house and drove us to Mud Island. He was such a gentleman and we were comfortable together. It wasn't actually a "date." It made us aware of each other. A little over a month later we started dating. Seven months later, we got married!

Time sure has flown by. I love him more everyday!

Tonight the Black Crowes were playing at Mud Island. Just one week short of 5 years to the date! Blaine drove us down Riverside Drive. Windows and Moon Roof open. Listening hard for the sound of the Black Crowes. He holds my hand while we drive. What a man!

2 comments:

  1. AaAaAwwWww. I remember when you called. Good thing I couldn't go. *teehee*

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)