Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Get your Gleek on!!


I have to admit that I am a HUGE fan of Glee! I have every episode saved on the DVR upstairs. I have cried during almost episode. I can't explain why. Maybe as I am getting older my hormones are out of whack.

Glee is everything I wanted to be in high school. I wanted to be a singer, a dancer, able to play an instrument, an athlete, anything! All I ever was, was an observer. I was the kid who did my homework and had good grades, but was never really the brain. I participated in Drama Club, but was never good enough to get more than 5 lines. I was a wanna be band geek. I moved there in 9th grade so I never had any really close friends and then moved after graduation. So keeping up with people from high wasn't easy, at least until Facebook. I never got invited to parties or on dates. I just wanted to be a part of something fun. I was in Key Club and worked had and was president my senior year. But I have still never felt that I was ever a popular kid.

I just think people remember me for being the fat girl who tried to be nice to everybody.

High school was not awful, I received a quality education. I just felt disappointed.

Although I am still the fat girl who tries to be nice to most people, my life since then has changed dramatically. I still don't sing, dance, play sports or an instrument well, I do get invited to parties! I have close friends that I treasure. I finally got asked on a date and met a wonderful man who loves me, just as I am.

There are still many things that could be better.

I am happy with my life.

1 comment:

  1. Good things happen to good people. I was the fat girl who was nice to everybody and didnt get good grades. Lol.

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)