Pages

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

When I was in Elementary School, my mom made cupcakes almost every year for my birthday. She made enough for every kid in my grade. Granted there were rarely more than 50 kids in the entire grade, that's still a lot of cupcakes. I loved being able to give everybody one and never wanted to leave anybody out. Okay, so there might have been a couple of kids that were mean to me. But I still gave them one and didn't even spit on them.

Now that I'm older and I've actually made cupcakes, I appreciate much more what my mother did for me. In addition to the cupcakes, I also got a birthday cake. She always made what I wanted and they were wonderful! I had a particularly traumatic 5th birthday cake. She put a doll on it and when I was playing with the doll I discovered that the hair was only coming out from the middle and behind the ears. The rest of the head was bald. For some reason, this freaked me out and I cried uncontrollably. There was probably a spanking after that, but I still remember that doll!

I miss my mom. She's been gone for almost nine years now. But she made every birthday special.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)