Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Beat Goes On!


Today was a MUCH better day! Not nearly as emotional. Maybe it had something to do with sugar-free Cool-Whip, I don't know, but I'll take it! I still have gross puddings to go, but I'm trying making them a little thinner and drinking them as fast as possible. If I could skip them all together I would. I'm happy to report that when I ate my bowl full of chik'n marinara I was pleasantly satisfied. First time in a few days that I'm actually not hearing my tummy rumble and wanting more food!

I thought about taking a picture of my hair down today, but oh my heavens, it's awful. The dry air and no conditioner resulted in me looking like the wild woman of Borneo!

On a side note, I've been taking my blood pressure several times a day and it seems to be steadily going down. One of my goals for this surgery is for me to be able to stop taking blood pressure medication. I've also had a headache most of the day. Not sure if it's the lack of food, lack of caffeine, or a combination of the two!

Blaine is such a sweetie. He went to Walmart today to get his regulation "Snow is coming" foods, milk and bread. He also got me some sugar-free Cool Whip. I mix a tablespoon of that with my Jell-O and it makes it taste sooooo much better! Also, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Hawaiian Punch Lemon Berry sugar free mix-ins. I get a pack of them at Dollar Tree for, you guessed it!, $1.

That's all for tonight. Hopefully, we'll be going to work tomorrow! Snow days mean going to school in June and I'd rather not!


Robin

4 comments:

  1. Robin, it's so nice to that smile!! As for your headaches, if you were a caffeine drinker and now you're not, that will definitely cause headaches, sometimes migraines. You can also get headaches from dehydration, so drink plenty of water. If you keep yourself hydrated with water (not other beverages), it may help suppress your hunger too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for a better day, sugar free cool whip and Hawaiian Punch Lemon Berry mix-ins....and of course....BLAINE!!!!!! ILY Annie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for not tummy rumble! Berry blue typhoon is my favorite mix-in. They are also a dollar at Wal-Mart.
    I'm praying for you. Also put you on my Sunday school prayer list. We are all rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sunday after church I had to go to Fred's...I found those Hawaiian Punch mix in's and went for Fruit Punch and Grape. I got the Kellogg's Protein water mix ins and they are flavored banana and strawberry and are TOOOOO sweet. I've been watering down everything! I have an appointment tomorrow at 3pm also after my EGD. Are you getting all your blood work tomorrow also?

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)