Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

Cheers!

Gotta love the Red Cups! In my younger days Red Cups were usually filled with alcoholic libations and were staples at almost every party. Not that I went to a lot of these parties, or drank out of a lot of Red Cups. Now my Red Cups contain totally different libations!

Now, I know, Red Cups are a way of being unfriendly to the environment. This is my way of not having to wash a billion glasses a week. I know, I know I have a dishwasher. I also know I'm lazy and I hate touching dirty dishes and loading and unloading the dishwasher! Blaine and I have a deal. He takes care of the outside of the house, I take care of the kitchen, and the rest is up for grabs. It works pretty well except for the aversion I have to dirty dishes! So we have Red Cups and various other articles that are unfriendly to the environment. I think of it as our little way of stimulating the economy. By the way, if I'm ever at your house for a meal, I will help you do just about anything, as long as it doesn't involve the dishes!

Well I did take a shower yesterday, felt like a dream! I still have steri-strips on my incisions. I was told not to remove them, but they can get wet, whew! I have had cream soup today, that's what is in my Red Cup, Cream of Chicken (strained) soup!!! It is heavenly!!!! My contacts are back in! Now that I'm getting more fluids my eyes aren't nearly as dry, thank goodness!  I did not sleep in my bed last night. I tried sleeping in the guest bed. It has a really thick feather topper and I wiggled down and slept on my back. I didn't sleep well and wound up getting back in the recliner to finish out the night. I still miss Blaine, but I'm more afraid of rolling over right now.

Another day of full liquids tomorrow and then off for my post-op appointment on Wednesday. Blaine has said he's going to take off work and take me. I hope to get a report! I also get to start blended foods today. I am super excited about tuna fish!!! Whoo hooo! I plan on going back to work Thursday.

On a grosser and more personal note, I pooped for the first time since Thursday morning! It's cause for celebration!! I had started to worry. Sorry for the over-share, but I had to note it for posterity's sake!

It still hurts a little to take a deep breath, cough, and sneeze. Not as bad as it was, but still noticeable.

Looking forward to the next few weeks!  Food is not in control, I am!!! (If I say this to myself often enough, will it be true?)

1 comment:

  1. You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you.

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)