Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Christmas Shopping has Begun!!

We bought our first Christmas present of the year! A couple of days ago my sister sent me a picture of an item in a Wal*Mart circular that she wanted. We went today and got it! One down, who knows how many to go. If we buy at least 1-2 a month, when December gets here it ought to be almost painless :-D

I don't mind Christmas. I wish it were more about being with family and friends. The shopping and the wrapping stress me out! Blaine and I are at the point in our lives where if we really want something, we just get it. I don't enjoy telling people what I'd like for a gift.  I'm contemplating making a donation to the Arkansas Baptist Children's home in their honor or something similar. Eventually, I'm going to get to the point where I am going to ask people not to buy us any gifts and just make a donation. That way we can concentrate on just being with family and friends and enjoying them.

While we were at Wal*Mart I bought about 200 cans of soda. I am starting a concession stand after school to help fund our prizes for Accelerated Reader. While we were at Sam's yesterday I bought pickles, hot Cheetos, and Ring Pops. You might be asking, "I thought you couldn't sell that stuff?" But I am selling it after school, so it's okay. If you want to make a donation to our Accelerated Reader program, send me a message :-D

I ate some Pintos 'n Cheese from Taco Bell and Chili from Wendy's today. I'll probably blow up like the Hindenburg later, but it sure was good going down!!!

Oh yeah, I've lost 15 pounds since January 6th. I weighed 327 on the 6th and this morning weighed 312. It's progress and I'll take it! woohoo!

~Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)