Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Honesty is the First Chapter in the Book of Wisdom

"Honesty is the first chapter in the book of Wisdom" - Thomas Jefferson

This is a picture of me thinking about mashed potatoes. I caved and ate a teaspoon. That's it, not two, a whole bowl, or the whole pan! Just a teaspoon, I promise. Also, I've been eating real food, but I'm keeping it under 650 calories. I eat slowly, chewing each bite at least 30 times, putting the food down between bites and stopping when I feel full.  I don't feel like I'm cheating, just modifying so that this works for me. Being able to have food that I can really chew and like the taste has done wonders for my mental health.

Still no word about the UTI, I should know tomorrow. My back is still hurting and nausea is NOT my friend. Sweet nursey lady yesterday said "if you don't have a bowel movement in 24 hours you'll need to take some ex-lax." I had to take the ex-lax. Blaine thinks if I turn off the lights in the bathroom the toilet will glow. Does Barium glow?

I stayed home from school today because of how bad my back was hurting. I think tomorrow I'll just tough it out at school. I still feel like crap, but I can feel like crap at work.

When Blaine got home from work today he was so sweet. I love him. He told me "only 8 more days", I said "until what?" , he answered "until your surgery!" He has a countdown! I think he's as excited as I am about getting this over and starting to feel better. I think he may be missing me in the kitchen, just a little.

~Robin

2 comments:

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)