Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I've Got a Feeling

This is look on my face when a plate of blender-ized food is present! Tonight I had grilled chicken, green beans, mashed potatoes, and squash. All put through the blender before being put on the plate! It was so good.
I know it looks gross! It took me 30 minutes to eat it! It was great!

Today was my post-op appointment with Dr. Jones. He told me it's normal to gain a little weight after surgery because of all the fluid they pumped into me. Plus he's taken me off of my blood pressure medicine that had a diuretic and put me on just a plain one. He doesn't want me getting dehydrated. He told me the stitches would absorb and not to take of the steri-strips. BUT if I did, pull them from side to side, not up to down! Did you get that Daniel-san? Wax on, Wax off!

I have another appointment in 5 weeks. By the time I go back I should be eating salad and meat (that hasn't been through a blender!)

We stopped and ate at McAllister's on the way home. It was the only place I could think of that I wouldn't be inundated with the smell of fried chicken or catfish. (I've really been craving FRIED catfish, I just want to get a piece and lick it!) I ate just a tiny bit of my potato soup and felt stuffed!!! wooohooo this is the whole point of the band! I was soooo excited. I got a to-go container for the rest of it. 

I don't really like the liquid/blended stuff. I feel like it is going right through my stomach and takes more to make me feel full. I know that the purpose is to give my stomach a chance to heal. I won't start losing any kind of weight until I progress to solid food.

When we got back to West Memphis, we went to Kroger. I had coupons and wanted to get some food. I wanted everything! I wanna try it all! I have to control myself. I had a bunch of coupons for Campbell's soup and Kroger had them 10 for $10!! I LOVE COUPONS!! For Christmas I asked for a subscription to the Sunday edition of the Commercial Appeal just for the coupons!!! Today's trip i had about $30-$40 worth of coupons!! Made my day. I was so tired after putting up the groceries I had to take a little nap.

I'm going back to work tomorrow. I'm going to be exhausted. I already feel tired. I figure it's time for bed.

~Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)