Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

My Bucket List

I know I've posted about my bucket list before, but I wanna re-visit it. Blaine's cousin Jimmy Wayne recently passed away. He was a very young 72 years old and a very sweet man. I enjoyed having him over the the house anytime. He was such a joy to be around. His passing away was quite a shock. Recently he had planned a trip to Branson, because it was on his bucket list, and didn't go because he just didn't feel up to it. With his recent passing it's made me begin to think that putting things off until "later" sometimes winds up being never.

Part of the reason we went ahead for me to have this surgery was if we kept putting it off, it might never happen and that wasn't good. I don't want to reach a point in my life where I don't feel like doing the things on my list. I want to do them while I feel good.

There have been quite a few things that I've already done: gone to Europe, ridden a train, visited Hawaii, bought a house. But there are more things left to do. Some are little things like visit the Pink Palace. Some are fairly large like visit all 50 states.  I need to sit down and edit my list. I want to really do the things that I will regret if I never do them.

I want to have lived a life filled with wonderful adventures with Blaine. When I die I want people to talk about what a great life we had and all the fun things we did.

I may someday regret some of the things I have done (There's a few I already regret.) I don't ever want to regret the things I didn't do.

~Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)