Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow Day and Scrambled Eggs



Last night we, along with most of Arkansas and the South, got Snow! It usually only happens a few times a year. When it happens, everybody freaks out and thinks they need milk & bread! This year, Blaine made the Snow Dash to the grocery store alone. I don't do to well in there. I feel like an alcoholic in a liquor store when we go grocery shopping. I see all that stuff that tastes sooooo much better than what I'm getting to eat. I just wanted some powdered chicken bouillon and sugar-free fat-free Cool Whip. Sweet Blaine was nice enough to get those for me, along with his food.

Apparently, the Cool Whip was a bad idea. It tasted soooo good, but I've been so miserable today. My lower back is killing me. Not to be indelicate, but I've had more gas than Exxon today. I've tried sitting in my heated recliner, taking a nap, Blaine rubbing my back, and nothing seems to be working.

The highlight of my day so far has been Cheesy Scrambled Eggs. They smell disgusting to Blaine, but they are my most favorite packet food so far. Much better than the yucky puddings! I have found a way to make the yucky puddings more tolerable. I just add more water and make them thin enough that I can drink them and toss them back.

Tomorrow I have an Upper GI scheduled. My doctor requires this before surgery. No eating anything after midnight until after the test. I'm also having an EKG, blood work, and x-rays. Hopefully the roads will be clear and the drive to Jonesboro uneventful!

I haven't felt nearly as hungry today, but I blame that on feeling so miserable. I don't know if how I feel is because of the food, or I just feel bad.

Tomorrow will be a better day!

p.s. I sure wish I could eat some celery or something that requires more than two chews before I swallow!

3 comments:

  1. Bwahahaha more gas than Exxon!

    Freeze some of your fruit juice into cubes and chew them.

    Tomorrow WILL be a better day! Your eggs look scrump-de-le-icious...glad you enjoyed them. ILY Annie!

    And a special thanks for blogging today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about the soup in a cup - like tomato soup? Low sodium. Or tapioca pudding.. oh wait... prob no calories or something right? What about rice milk? Yumm! Sorry it sucks so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How I long for the cheesy scrambled eggs. Quick! it's almost midnight...let's go get a snack...oh wait.
    I am probably going to have to steal your idea if I have to get pudding. I love salty and crunchy. I think that we have the upperhand though not caring about the sweets.

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)