Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2011

So Much for a Quiet Neighborhood!

So yesterday I was pretty good friends with the liquid Lortab! Then last night I started feeling really nauseous. I am terrified of throwing up for several reasons! My stomach is still terribly sore, it hurts to burp, cough, toot, and stand up. Also, if I throw up I could cause my band to move and that isn't good in any scenario! 

I think during surgery they were practicing for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and I was one of the floats!!! The filled me so full of air my tummy pokes out further now, than before the surgery. I finally started tooting last night and that has provided quite a bit of relief!

I slept on the couch again last night. I plan on sleeping there tonight. I'm normally a stomach sleeper and I don't want to be tempted to roll over. I've been waking up every 2-3 hours. I'll play on facebook a little bit and then nod back off to sleep.

Blaine went to the store this morning and got me some more red sugar-free Jell-O. This seems to help with my nausea. Also he got me some Special K Protein Water Mix. Hopefully this will be a good addition. V-8 and beef bouillon were also added to my list of things to drink. If I mix those two together it's almost like beef vegetable soup!

This afternoon while I was on the phone with my Aunt Olivia, Blaine came in the living room acting really weird. He was holding his finger to his mouth and looking at the front window. After I hung up I asked what was going on! There was a beat up car outside and a half-naked man got out and was hollering and screaming at the house across the street! I saw a little girl get in the car, which was still running.  He's on a cell phone being really loud, no idea what he's saying. Suddenly, here come the police!!! FOUR cars! Officers get out with hand guns drawn, a couple get their semi-automatic rifles out of their trunks. Then a fire truck and a paramedic van show up! Golly, I live on a fairly quiet dead-end street. They knock on the front door of the house and put a different man in the back of one of the cruisers. I don't know what happened, I may never know. But let me tell you it got me up off the couch! I was calling my next door neighbor and another friend around the corner and gabbing non-stop.  Wore me out! I had to get back in the recliner and take a nap!!!

I'm feeling better, still sore, still a little nauseous. Sticking strictly to the diet. Clear liquids and veggie juice. Taking my chewable vitamins and just chilling out!

~Robin

1 comment:

  1. Hehe, if it wasn't for you telling me that Blaine saw all of it also I would be telling you to ease up on the Liquid Lortab. LOL! I'm glad that I read this about the jell-o. This may come in handy for me...not that I want it to. I just have never heard of that as a calmer before. I like the protein water from Special K but I'll tell you, it seems like so much. When I drink that I have been majorly watering it down. I'm glad you are taking it easy. Blaine is such a sweetie to be so helpful.

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)