Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

What Chew Looking at???

I'm just too tired to smile. So I showed off one of my many genetic traits. I remember Mrs. Snider teaching us that this is something you either can or can't do. You can't learn how. It's genetic!

Today was an easier day. We had an instructional fair in the library all day. Each teacher had to do a project on a display board. Then all the teachers, some district personnel, and other visitors came to have a look-see. I didn't get worn out until the end of the day. We had a little reward for students who had done something good. I went to help corral kids and to take pictures for our yearbook, although it's actually a DVD. We're high tech!

Blaine and I stopped at Sicily's and ordered some lasagna. I chew, chew, chewed. I find myself trying to count to 30 before I swallow. Tonight my sister sent me a text asking if I remembered what our mom used to say about chewing? I said I didn't and she replied, "Chew it thirty times!" I guess I did remember, I just didn't remember where I learned it! Before lap-band I could have eaten the entire plate of lasagna, bowl of salad, and garlic bread. Tonight was a huge difference! I ate maybe 1/6 of the plate and that was in two different sessions spaced a couple of hours apart. I chewed on some tomatoes, with a little ranch and that was it. So far I still feel pretty full and happy! This is what it's all about!

All of my steri-strips are off tonight. I started itching so bad at work today! When the strips came off my skin was, and still is, red and inflamed. Tape and I do NOT get along. I never have good experience with regular surgical tape or band-aids. I always seem to have to donate a little flesh to the cause!

I know it's Friday night and we should be out painting the town red, but I'm tired and I think going to bed early is just the thing! Maybe we'll go see The Mechanic tomorrow. It seems like January was all about me. Blaine needs it to be all about him for a while. He's a good man and I love him!

~Robin

1 comment:

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)