Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

Happy President's Day!

Having a day off has worn me out! We went to eat lunch at Picadilly. I had stuffed fish, broccoli, black-eyed peas, and garlic bread. I ate the stuffing, 1/3 of the peas, a piece of the broccoli, and half the bread. It is also what I plan on having for dinner :) Thank goodness for to-go boxes!

We went to the zoo and walked around. I'm still not back to where I was before the surgery. I was worn out by the time we got to the elephants. First time I haven't made it to the polar bears! I was sweating and my face was red/white striped.

We then went to the Oak Court Mall. Blaine went to Dillard's and Macy's to check out their end of season sales. I am trying not to buy any clothes until I run out of stuff to wear!! While he was shopping I got a Mocha Lite Frappacino from Starbucks. I got the smallest size, it's supposed to have less than 140 calories! Blaine went and got fries and a sandwich from Charley's (I had a coupon for a free sandwich) and I had an Auntie Anne's pretzel, it was sooooo good smothered in mustard!!! I don't want to think about how many calories it had!

Before we got home we stopped by Wal*Mart. My coffee pot had died and needed replaced and I got some groceries. Walking around and pushing a cart has to count as some decent exercise too!

We've been eating out way too much. We are going to try and eat more at home and try to clean out the freezer. I also bought the ingredients for beef vegetable soup, it's Blaine's favorite food. It's just so easy to do that, than to come home and cook and clean, blech!

Do you have any easy, quick meals that you love to fix at home?

1 comment:

  1. I have been reading through ur blogs being curious about ur lap band journey.I have been considering it myself.

    A quick easy recipe that my family loves
    Turkey Polish Sausage and Cheesy Potatoes

    Buy the the Turkey Polish Sausage at Walmart and then buy 1 to 2 boxes of 3 cheese Potatoes (Betty crocker or great value works also).

    cut the sausage up and lay it in the baking dish, mix the potatoes up like the box says, and poor over the sausage.I always buy extra sausage b/c it is turkey and put some on top.Cover with foil, and bake at 450 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes.

    Add a salad or green beans to it and there is a meal.It is also good heated up for another meal.
    If you try it let me know how you both liked it.

    Cherie Presley Carr

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)