Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2011

If It's Weird, I'm gonna get it!

I was trying to get a picture where you can see my pupils. Usually they are different sizes. Several years ago, I had something called a Schwannoma removed from the vagus nerve on the right side of my neck. Because of the swelling, it caused trauma to my sympathetic nervous system. As a result, my pupils are not equal in dilation, only the left side of my head sweats, and I have a droopy eye. The tireder I am the more my eye droops. Now if all this weren't enough, in January 2010, I had an episode of Bell's Palsy. It didn't affect my eye, it affected my tongue. I spoke as if I'd had a stroke for quite a while. I still have a little trouble with some sounds, but I'm really the only one who notices.

The thing about Horner's syndrome is that it occurs more commonly with dogs who have had their leash jerked. My friend Mandy has something more common to cows and our friend Charlotte has something more common in horses! Aren't we a strange little group?

I figure if there's something strange it's going to happen to me, especially if it's named after somebody.

Today I drank Carnation Instant Breakfast Essentials. It's not awful. Almost like drinking chocolate milk, almost. I had pizza for lunch and will probably have it again for dinner.  This isn't the first time I've had pizza bread, but it is my first time for toppings. It was sooooo good.  So far so good!

I believe the surgery and the diet are playing havoc with my hormones and messing with my cycle. Enough already!!

I have an appointment on Saturday to see my friend Jen. She's going to rip the caterpillars off of my face!!! Also going to get a cut and color. I still haven't decided what I'm going to have done. I may just get my roots covered and have a trim. Who knows?

Today is the Super Bowl. I'm all about the commercials. Not much into the football. I'm super excited about the Glee episode following the game!!

~Robin

3 comments:

  1. You might want to have the fact that your pupils are different sizes documented. Maybe on a medical card that you carry. If you were injured and unable to give a medical history, someone might see that and think you have a head trama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kim. I keep meaning to do that. I've been told several times I need a medical ID bracelet or something.

    ~Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is funny only bc I walked in to assess a patient two weeks ago and her pupils were ginormous. I knew she had fungus in her brain so I thought she was dying. I walked out to call a doctor and found a note where opthalmology had come in an hour before I got there and dilated her pupils. Whew! Disaster averted!

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)