Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I'm Very Frustrated!

I've never been a fan of the scales, until recently. It's almost fun weighing and seeing the number gradually decrease. But lately the digital scales I've been using are not reliable. I can get on the scales three different times and weigh three totally different weights.  This morning I got on the scales and it showed 297.4. That's the first time I've seen a number beginning with 2 in a very long time. But I know my scales, so I got back on and it read 307.2. Come on! This is nuts. I went to Wal*Mart tonight and got a scale with a pointer and numbers. I got on it and Good Grief! It says I weigh 318. I don't know what to think. I'm stressed out and I'm frustrated. I guess I'll find out how much weight I've really lost when I go to the doctor next week.

I did do lots of walking in Wal*Mart. I also bought a George Foreman Grill. Looking forward to cooking some hamburgers and chicken breasts on there. Bought some snacks for Blaine and prunes for me, how fun!

Today I had a Lean Cuisine (Meatloaf and Mashed potatoes) for breakfast. Steamed veggies and Swedish Meatballs for lunch. I ate some Cheetos for a snack. Tonight we went to Gus's and I had a leg, thigh, and some potato salad and was stuffed. Next time I will definitely only have one piece. It is definitely hard adjusting to not needing so much food to make me full.  I'm ready for my first fill. I'm anxious to see how it affects the amount I eat. I know right now I'm able to consume more. Hopefully I'll lose some more weight after the fill.

I was reading an article about lap band success. It stated that it can take up to five years to attain your goal weight loss. I know this is a life long process, but I need to adjust my expectations for how fast I lose weight. I started at 334 in November, 2010. I hope to weight 174 by January 2016. That's about 32 pounds a year or about 3 pounds a month. Surely I can handle that. I may need to adjust my weigh-in postings to once a month.

If you have had a lap-band or know somebody who has one, how fast did they lose their weight?

~Robin

1 comment:

  1. When buying a scale you really need to look at what weight it goes up to. Some scales are only accurate up to 250, etc. That may be why you are getting different results.

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)