Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Oh the weather outside is frightful, but the fire is so delightful!

And since we've no place to go, Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow! We got a text and phone calls this morning telling us school was closed. I opened the blinds, expecting to see a blanket of snow, and there was nothing! No snow, no ice, no rain, nothing! We went back to sleep. When we finally got up, still no snow! We decided to go to Waffle House and share an All-Star breakfast. Pretty good! Then drove through McDonald's to get some gift certificates, Wal*Mart for drinks, and a visit to Blaine's parents. By the time we got home our street was white and it was about 1:00pm.

It looks like we've gotten about four inches of snow. School has already been canceled for tomorrow. It looks like we'll be getting out of school sometime in the middle of June, boo! I like a little snow, I dislike missing school.  I was not productive with my day off. I took a bath and read a vampire novel, took a nap and read another book, heated up some fish sticks, green beans, and mashed potatoes. I had planned on cooking chili, but Blaine said he'd rather have it tomorrow. We're planning on doing a little house cleaning tomorrow. This dry weather is making a deep layer of dust all over the house. We have enough dust to make Adam a brother!

Feeling great, still have a few twinges, but nothing painful! Still working on getting enough water and not quite succeeding. But I am trying!

Thinking about making some snow cream. Do you have a recipe? I need one! (It's mostly for Blaine, I promise I won't eat much!)

~Robin

2 comments:

  1. Snow Cream: 1 c sugar, 1 1/2 c milk, 1 tsp vanilla, and enough snow to make it the consistancy you like, for me, that's about 8 cups or so. We're making some after while too. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got about 15 inches at our house in Fayetteville. Some places got a little over 2 feet.

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)