Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Oh, What a Night!

Today was a lazy day. We hung around the house, took a nap, and then around six we headed out. We decided to go to the movies and see "The Eagle" I'd tell you what it's about but I didn't get to see the movie. I sent the following letter to Malco after we got home:

Tonight my husband and I went to see "The Eagle" at the Malco Paradiso in Memphis. We drove from West Memphis, Arkansas. We waited in line, paid $20 for two tickets, waited in line and got the large popcorn/drink combo and a large water and paid $13.75 for that, went to our theater and sat down. We were sitting there and noticed a particularly pungent aroma. Looked behind our seats and the floor and one of the seats were covered in popcorn vomit! We tried moving to another seat, but we could still smell it. I had to go out and find someone to clean it up. What happened to theaters being checked and cleaned between movies? The box office was really quick about refunding our tickets, but what about the $13.75? We couldn't return that and you know you WAY over charge for concessions. We love to go to the movies and generally go 2-3 times a month. I just wanted to let you know how unhappy I am with the service we received.

I gave them my name and address, I wonder if they'll reply!





I am one of those sympathetic hurlers, so it was imperative that we leave! Poor Blaine threw away all his popcorn, after what he'd seen and smelled it had to go!


We left and went down to the Mississippi River Greenbelt Park and watched the stars and the river for a while and then we came home. Kind of a let down of a night!

Today we ate grilled chicken, mashed potatoes and green beans. Split the leftover Corky's sandwich later and then had some more chicken.  My stomach is still a little queasy just from thinking about the movies. I have to say, that is one of the grossest things that I've ever seen in the movies!

~Robin
 

4 comments:

  1. Seriously, that's ridiculous! ...and tell me why would someone NOT tell them that they puked in the theater? Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. apparently I was not the first person to tell them, just the most forceful. I must have used my teacher voice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The teacher voice comes in handy.

    LPage

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)