Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Third Oldest Profession


So, I've decided to start posting a side-by-side every week. I tried to make the same face and get just as close to the camera.

Today is a beautiful day outside. The only thing that makes today better is that we don't have to go to work tomorrow! I love doing what I do. But I truly believe that if it weren't for the holidays and vacations a lot more teachers would get burned out and quit. Not because they don't enjoy what they do, but because of the stress involved.  Most teachers have all the stress you imagine: lesson plans, parent conferences, grading papers, and kids that don't want to learn. But with No Child Left Behind new stresses have been added: benchmark scores, school improvement, scholastic audits, ACSIP, and all the committees that meet on a weekly basis, clubs that are sponsored, teams that are coached, students that need tutored, and anything else deemed necessary. Unless you have worked as a teacher, you honestly can't imagine what they go through everyday. 

Sign up to sub, if you have the time. You'll be amazed.  If you have children, let their teachers know you support them. I know there are some bad teachers out there that give the profession a black-eye, but the good/great ones are plentiful! 

~Robin

p.s. The "Oldest Profession" we know :-D, the second is up for debate, so I chose the Third! Good things come in threes!

January 6, 2011 - 327 pounds
February 20, 2011 - 322 pounds

2 comments:

  1. What's the debate over the 2nd? And, about the teachers and the stress...Amen, sister!

    LPage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Over what it is, doctor, philosopher, politician, lawyer, soldier, merchant or farmer. I can't even begin to imagine how I would be handling the stress if I were still full time in the class room!

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)