Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy!

We were up, packed, and on the road at 9:30am this morning! I ate 1/3 of a waffle, a little apple juice, a slice of bread, and a slice of turkey. We drove, stopped and got gas, I ate some Jalapeno Cheetos and drank a V8. I drove, ran over a blown out tire on the road, freaked out like a sissy girl, and Blaine drove the rest of the way. Stopped for a cup of Sonic ice and a Sonic Burger. We finally made it to Destin. We stopped in Marshall's and at the Silver Sands Outlet Mall. I bought soap in Crabtree & Evelyn. Is is EEEEvlyn or Ev-a-lyn? The bar of soap called Nantucket is my favorite!

We finally get to Panama City Beach to the Welcome Center for the Condo, give our money, sign my name, and leave a pint of blood. Get to our room and the maintenance guy lets us in this humongo room! Blaine is super excited and I'm going "Uhm excuse me, I don't think this is the right room!" Sure enough he'd let us in to 1401 and we were supposed to be in 1400. Let me tell you HUGE difference! Don't get me wrong our room is super nice, but the wrong room had 3 bedrooms, a kitchen, washer and dryer, a balcony facing directly on the beach, and just WOW!
Here's our view:
Not bad, but not WOW! After we got the car unloaded we went to eat at Sharky's. I had firecracker Shrimp Salad. Blaine ate part of it and I brought at least half of it back to the room. (We have a mini-fridge and microwave!) Then off to Target for some of our forgotten items :) I stayed in car and read on my Kindle!  Then back to the Welcome Center. I had forgotten to ask how the wi-fi works! Heaven forbid I can't get online!!! It's awesome. Each room has it's own little wi-fi, MUCH faster than the Super 8!!!

We put on our sandals and walked down to the beach. We missed sunset, but could still see and hear the waves. Blaine walked out to the water and said it was FREEZING! We walked back to the bar by the pool and I got a non-alcoholic Pina Colada. Since I drink so much water now, it's tough drinking something with so much sugar. It almost always makes me a little nauseous. I drank about 1/3 of it and we came back to the room. I put it in the fridge.

The bathroom has a great tub. I soaked away the grime from the beach and being on the road all day. Ate a slice of turkey, no bread, and now that I'm finished blogging, it's time for bed!

Here's a picture of my favorite person!

Isn't he just adorable?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)