Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I Wanna Sing and Dance!

I wanna sing and dance! I'm so excited, and a little bit scared, about my appointment tomorrow! I'm pretty sure they are going to do the first "fill" on my band! Right now the band is just around the top part of my stomach. Tomorrow, using the port under the skin of my abdomen, they will inject anywhere from 4-12ccs of sterile saline solution. This will cause the band to constrict and make the opening smaller. This should make me stay full longer and not be hungry as often.

Today was a pretty good day at work. But after school we had to stay until 4:45 for a meeting. I was so tired! We went to Margaritas. I had 2/3 of a child-size quesadilla, 1/3 of my refried beans, 3 little pieces of chicken, 1 tablespoon of Margarita dip, 10 chips and 1/3 cup of salsa. Loseit.com is really helping keep track of my food intake! For breakfast I had a Lean Cuisine, at lunch I had a baked potato with fat free Italian dressing and sweet and spicy tuna, and for snack I had a cup of vegetable soup.


The doctor's office didn't tell me this, I read it on the lap-band site, to do liquids tomorrow before and nothing cold to drink an hour prior to my fill. I'll be on full liquids tomorrow and Thursday to allow my stomach time to adjust to the new tighter band. The last thing I want to do is make myself ill.

I've also been doing some searching for a summer vacation. We had thought about Mexico, but the stories in the news lately put a stop to that. Hawaii and Las Vegas have been discussed, but air fares are outrageous due to fuel prices. For the same trip that we took last year it looks to be at least $1000 more than it would have cost if I hadn't used miles! A trip up the East Coast to Maine has been considered, but both our cars are over 5 years old and gas is outrageous! What is a budget minded family to do? I'm going to keep looking and hoping I find the sale of the century!

Stay tuned for tomorrow's update from Dr. Jones!

~Robin

p.s. When I sing I sound like an asthmatic frog in a blender and that's how I look when I dance too!

1 comment:

  1. Robin, I can see a difference in you. The jaw line and neck are both showing signs of weight loss. You are doing a great job. Hope all goes well at the doc appt.

    LPage

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)