Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Kool-Aid and Crackers

Today in the library there was a class of 8th and 9th grade girls. We were sitting around the table and they were discussing about going to church together. One girl questioned the other about what Sunday's sermon had been about. She answered "You know, the kool-aid and the crackers" I was confused, I asked her to repeat it. We finally figured out she was talking about the body of Christ and the Lord's Supper.  I couldn't quit laughing! I sent a text to several people. I wanted them to be able to share my laugh.

This is one of the things I love about being an educator. They provide lots of entertaining moments!

It was also Chili Day in the cafeteria! I ate my whole bowl of chili with crackers and half of my cinnamon roll. For breakfast, I ate the meat off of a Lenny's Club Sub. I had dinner at Applebee's with a couple of my librarian friends. We always have fun. I ate Teriyaki Chicken Pasta and a Brownie Bite. My snack today was a bag of Cheetos. I still managed to stay under my www.loseit.com goal for today!

I'd like to share a little story about my little brother. When he was little he asked Mom if everything was in black and white when she was little. She asked why he would think that. He replied, "All the old movies and pictures are black and white so I thought everything was!" I love that story! Love you Jim!

Do you have a funny story?

~Robin

1 comment:

  1. My brother once asked my mom what life was like in the "olden days." She asked him what he meant. He said, "You know, the olden days--back in the 60s?" She didn't answer.

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)