Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Time Crawls When You're Hungry

Today I'm supposed to be on clear liquids. It's not as easy as it was when I came home from the hospital. Then I was sore all over and drugged to the hilt. Today I was just super hungry and wanting to lick french fries in the lounge. Seriously, when I'm hungry I'm like a blood hound when it comes to food!

Blaine and I had our yearly check-up at our GP today. We met there after school and I asked Blaine where he'd gotten chicken! He hadn't even eaten it yet, he'd just bought one at Wal-Mart and I could smell it! Doc said both our blood pressures looked good, yippee! I go back in six months, he won't write a prescription for a whole year.

Today, I read the same book SIX times. I'm so sick of that book I wanted to throw it out! But the kids worked on plot line and then they took an AR test over it.

I said I'd be honest when I started this. I ate a chicken leg. I was weak, it smelled so good, I was so hungry, and I chew, chew, chewed. I ate it slowly. Blaine and I decided to walk to his parents house. BIG mistake! Major pain. This is why you should listen when the doctor tells you clear liquids only! I finally made it to their house, we sat for a while, then Blaine walked back to the house to get the car. I would have never made it back! I still don't feel good. I wish I could let out one of those 7th grade boy burps, but it's just not happening. Hopefully, time will fix this and I will definitely be sticking to instructions from now on! I guess it's kind of like when you TELL a little kid the stove is hot, they still touch it, get burned, and then they KNOW it's hot! Major lesson learned and hopefully not a bad scar.

So glad that tomorrow is Friday!

~Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)