Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

$61.48

I don't want to mislead you, I could never be on extreme couponing. But today was a pretty good day coupon-wise. We went to Wal-Mart and bought deodorant, toothpaste, shampoo, razors, and some other stuff. Then we headed to Kroger (ours still doubles coupons!) and bought groceries. I try not to buy anything we don't already use. I do try new things that have a big coupon. I actually got a couple of "free" items today and a whole bunch of items that were less than $.50! After I was done we had saved $61.48!!!

My whole thought behind coupons and discount cards is this, "Why give them any more of my hard-earned money than I have to?" In addition to clipping the coupons, I usually purchase an Entertainment book and a band card. The Entertainment book has a $5 coupon for Kroger for each month of the year! It also has tons of coupons for restaurants! The band card costs $8 and is good for restaurants around the West Memphis/Marion area. Both items more than pay for themselves!

Today I had part of a Lean Pocket Ham & Cheese and Sugar Free Jello for breakfast, and Beef Fingers, rice and broccoli for lunch. I had some Hot Cheetos for Snack. After hitting Wal-Mart and Kroger we came home and unloaded our 'booty'. We went to Margaritas! I had fish tacos, refried beans, and chip n dip. Of course I used our band discount card!

~Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)