Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Fifth Element

The Fifth Element (Ultimate Edition)





I can't explain why, but I love this movie. I don't remember seeing it in the theater. But, EVERYTIME I see it playing on cable, we stop and watch it. I own a DVD copy, a Blu-ray copy, and I would have it on my iPod if the laptop that syncs it hadn't died.

I find myself quoting it at school. Blaine has caught himself quoting it too. The only reason he watches it is because of me! What a man!

I have long had a fascination with all things sci-fi and fantasy. One of the first books I remember buying, from the Scholastic flyer, was  THE WITCH WHO SAVED HALLOWEEN. I was in 2nd grade and I still have the book!

I loved Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie. I have read Anne McCaffrey books since I was in high school and have every book in her Dragon Riders of Pern Series.  I enjoy True Blood and the Sookie Stackhouse books. Paranormal romances are my favorite books to read.

Let's not forget Harry Potter! Kids were reading books before this series, but it seemed like they were ALL reading after this series came out.

There are several other series, both book and television, that I enjoy. What do you enjoy? Do you have any authors to recommend?

We went and visited Blaine's aunt and his parents today. We ate at Colton's. I had blackened grilled tilapia, smashed potatoes, and a roll. Still taking me forever to eat, but I'm doing much better.

2 comments:

  1. I know I've said it, but I'll say it again...I can't believe there is a movie about Boron. lol This weekend I read "Matched" by Ally Condie. It's about a 17 year old girl in a utopian world. Very good. I got it from the JH library. You will like it.

    LPage

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a lover of all books! :) I loved Harry Potter and (I admit it) I loved the Twilight series too. I especially like all books by Jodi Picoult! She is one of my favorite authors. I like the "dark" vampire/apolcalypse type books too, but I have to be in a certain mood to read them. All in all, if its a book, I love it. And I am ADDICTED to my Kindle!

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)