Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Friendship is Like Peeing On Yourself

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

I have some of the best friends in the world. Some have passed through my life briefly. Others have endured the long haul. My sister is the friend I've had the longest. Blaine is the best "boy" friend I've ever had. There's been times in my life that I felt so alone, but I never was. Friends got me through my toughest times. Guys who were jerks, when I got an annulment, and when my mom died. They also were there for the fun times! Trips to New Orleans for Mardi Gras, going to Europe, finishing college, going to the dog track, Margaritas, and getting married.

I love my friends. It's hard for me to understand a person that does not have a circle of friends. Who's there for them? Who celebrates with them? I could never be a "lone wolf."  Friendship is something to be treasured. It hurts my soul when friendships end badly. Something I've experienced more than I like. It's what I'd imagine a divorce to be. I haven't been the best friend at time. I'm striving to be a better friend.

To all my friends, thank you for being a part of my life. I may not say it enough, but it's true. You have been the best friends ever!

~Robin

1 comment:

  1. I love you and love being friends with you! I'm in for the long haul. Even though we don't see each other often, we'll always be friends!

    LPage

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)