Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

Goin' to Grandma's House



create your own personalized map of the USA

When I was six I remember riding in a station wagon. We were driving from Arkansas to California. My Grandma Henderson lived there and we were going to see her. Being so young, there are only a few things I remember. Sleeping on top of the cooler (I wasn't too big, yet), swimming in Aunt Phylis's pool, spending the night with Kirstin, going to Disneyland, and Grandma's doll collection.

Over the years I became fascinated with traveling. We would go back to see Grandma again, when I was 14 and 19. (This was also the year the Southern Baptist Convention was in Las Vegas and we stayed at the Stardust!) I went on a trip with a bunch of school teachers one summer. We were heading from Arkansas to Maine. We did 17 states in 14 days! It was quite an experience.  One of my bucket list items is to visit all 50 states. Since marrying Blaine, I've been to Minnesota, DC (I know it isn't a state!), Utah, and Hawaii.  I have a few more left and I might have missed a couple of the New England states on the map.

 I'm gonna fill in the rest of that map eventually! When I get that done, I'm gonna start working on EUROPE!!!!


 ~Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)