Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I'm a Dirty Bird

Instead of going to the game, I fixed a 'healthy' meal. I cut up tomatoes, mixed in some tuna, Miracle Whip Light, added some Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb, poured in some Red Wine Vinegar, and added a bunch of chopped celery. It was my answer to wanting a ton of food, but not wanting to go over my calories for today.

After I ate most of it, I still felt hungry. Instead of giving in, I took my pots outside. I also had cucumbers and jalapenos to add to the pots. I got dirt under my nails again. A friend suggested I run a bar of soap under my nails. I remembered too late! My nails were dirty, blechh! Hopefully the weather will stay warm and I won't have to worry about my little plants freezing!

As I was coming back in the house, I notice what looked like tiny broken eggs on the concrete under the porch light. I looked up and there's a bird's nest on top of the porch light. I was so sad. That bird worked so hard to build that nest. Laid her eggs, in what she thought was a safe place, and they fell out. Do you think the momma bird realizes what has happened and is sad? I hope she has an egg that is safe up there!

Watch your baby birds and keep them safe!

~Robin

3 comments:

  1. I quit stocking my bird feeders because BP started calling the birdseed "bait." Hard to keep the birds happy and safe! Hope your mama bird has a safe egg. Don't robins usually lay three?

    LPage

    ReplyDelete
  2. they looked like robin eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO proud of you Robin. This path you've chosen to take was not the easy path. Actually it's the freakin' hard path because we enjoy the taste of food. But you are doing amazing. Everytime I see you you look different but the same. And don't beat yourself up if you fall off the band wagon a time or two. Nobody ever tries something and doesn't fall off. I'm so glad we are friends. Wish we lived closer so I could come over and we could try out recipes and just chit chat.

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)