Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

It'll be the last place you look.

Today at Kelly's Korner she is asking for suggestions about being organized. I'm not the best person to be giving advice about being organized. I'm constantly losing things or forgetting where I put them. Blaine's favorite response to my constant search for things is, "It'll be the last place you look!" I hear this phrase so often, it often brings out a violent streak in me.

I dream of being organized. I love containers with lids, shelf organizers, and all those things at the store that are supposed to make your life easier. They never do, but I do love to purchase and hope they are my "magic pill" for neatness and organization.

I love having everything where I can see it. I hate having to 'dig' for anything. When things aren't where I can see them, I forget about them. When things are forgotten, they don't get used.

My closet is awful. Blaine tried to clean it one time. It stressed me out so bad. I couldn't find anything! It wasn't in the pile I expected it to be. It was hung up and not where I could see it.

At times I'm more comfortable with my mess, than when the house is super neat and pretty. Old habits are hard to change. Love me, love my mess!

~Robin

3 comments:

  1. I found you over at Kelly's.

    I can sooooo relate to your "messiness". Even as a teen (I'm in my late 40's now and my habits havent changed) my Mom would come into my room, shake her head and close the door. She gave up on getting me to clean up.

    Recently I began trying to clean up (at least de-clutter) my house. I succeeded in making it look like a "normal" persons house .... but now I cannot find ANYTHING! Every time someone asks "where is ..." I reply "well, I know where it USED to be!"

    I'm glad I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm blog hopping and found yours! I'm now following! Would love for you to check out my blog and follow back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl... I love having everything where I can see it. I hate having to 'dig' for anything. When things aren't where I can see them, I forget about them. When things are forgotten, they don't get used. <-- thats so me! And I am super organized at work but at home... well... I'm pretty organized. Everything is in a pile on the kitchen table. It's in one spot... thats organized. Right? Lol

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)