Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

Just Whistle

I used to love to whistle. I thought I was pretty good. Now, because of a combination of Horner's syndrome and a Bell's Palsy episode, I can't whistle worth a darn. I miss it. I still try occasionally, just in case the ability has come back. I still try to whistle at cute guys jogging! They just can't hear me, dang!

So far this fill has been a lot more dramatic. I have to sit up for 30 minutes after I take my medications. It takes me forever to eat soup. I had scrambled eggs, melted slice of cheese, a piece of sausage, and some grits this morning. It took me 2 1/2 hours to eat it all. Cream of chicken soup with some saltines took about an hour for lunch. Tonight I'm eating Pintos n' Cheese, smashed greens beans, and a piece of fish. I've been eating on it for over an hour now and probably another hour to go! This fill has definitely cut down on how fast, and how much I can eat. Very dramatic difference. It may not last long, but this is more what I expected from having a band!

Next week is Benchmark testing in Arkansas. Encourage your children to go to bed early and feed them a good breakfast! Everybody wants them to do well!

~Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)