Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

What a Feeling!

So happy to be home and back in the Bat Cave! We haven't been up here much because it's been hot. We hold off on turning the AC on for as long as we can. I like it up here because the TV is much bigger and my recliner is more comfortable than the couch!

Tonight I cooked green beans with onions, butter, new potatoes, and bacon bits. I had squash and bigger potatoes with some butter and Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herbs in another pot. I spread out some pizza dough on my Pampered Chef Bar pan, sprinkled it with garlic salt, Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herbs and poured melted butter on top, then I baked it at 425 degrees for 25 minutes. I love it all!

I have to over share and be a little honest about my band. I think it is too tight. I am getting "stuck" almost every day and not on what you'd think is 'bad'. Yesterday it was broccoli, today it was green beans. It's usually when I first begin to eat. Maybe I'm still eating too fast. I'll try to be more diligent about slow and steady chewing in the beginning. I'm scheduled for another appointment the middle of May, but if this keeps up, I'll have to call them.

4 comments:

  1. Love your blog, Robin. Very informative about things I've never thought about regarding lap-band surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I'm scheduled for lap band on May 20, so stay on your blog like white on rice! :) Just so I can see what I'm up against!! By the way, I was "referred" to your blog by my good friend and co-worker, Angie Bumgarner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammy, nice to meet you! Any questions you have feel free to ask! If you want to email me, that's fine too! robin1969@yahoo.com

    Angie, Thanks for reading and referring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What about if you drink something (milk, water, something) first thing in the morning to kinda give your stomach the what for before putting food in it? =)

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)