Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly. Mae West

Today I went to my friend Lori's wedding shower. Lori has a special place in my life. She was on the committee that interviewed me for my first teaching job. She lived two doors down from me for four years. She was a great example of a what a teacher should be. Most of all, she is my friend. Lori's story isn't mine to tell. But suffice it to say, this day has been a long time coming. She will be a wonderful wife. Glen is a lucky man and I'm pretty sure he knows this!

Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly.
Mae West

 I have to tell you what a wonderful husband I have. This morning he got up at 6:15 am and drove my car to the gas station to fill the tank up for me. I did not ask him to do this. It was all his idea. He's awesome! He also stopped and got me a sausage McMuffin. I left the house at about 8:00. I was heading to Lisa's house. We have been friends for a long time.


She drove us to the shower, it was another 90 minutes from her house. Granted, we might have gotten there a little earlier, but Lisa was pulling over so I could check in on Four Square at all the cool places along the way! Hooker, Hooterville Bar and Grill, The Pony, and The Palace of Praise were all along the way!

On our way to Poplar Bluff, I received a phone call. It was from the ATT store. I had stopped there to get a phone charger, since I left mine at home. It seems that somehow my wallet had fallen out of my purse in their parking lot. OH MY HEAVENS! We were in Corning and I hadn't even missed it! All my credit cards, check book, driver's license, and over $100 in cash! I asked if there was anything left in it. She said it was ALL THERE! A sweet little old lady had found it and brought it to her! The only way to explain it, is that God was watching out for me! My friend Jennifer's daughter, Taylor, went and picked it up for me! Whew!

Finally, we arrive at Las Margaritas!
Lori is just glowing! I'm so happy for her!
Her sister gets up to start sharing and the tears started. Lord love 'em! (and not in the LJ kind of way! Sorry a little inside joke!)
Other friends from Paragould showed up! Libby and Julia!
They had a Mexican Buffet! MMMMMmmmmm! I didn't eat any of the cake but it sure did look good. I also didn't drink any of the margaritas, but I thought long and hard about it!

These were favors for everyone to take home. They had been arranged to look like floral arrangement! Super cute!
Congratulations to my friend Lori. I couldn't be happier for you if I were a pig in mud!

Today's food:
Breakfast: 2/3 of a Sausage McMuffin, 1/2 slice of pizza
Lunch: Chicken Chimichanga, Refried beans, flour tortilla, lettuce, pico de gallo, salsa, tortilla chips, and yummy little mints.
Snack: McDouble
Dinner: Side Salad with Ranch dressing and 4 Baked Raviolis with Marinara Sauce.
I do believe I had waaaay more calories today than normal!

1 comment:

  1. I feel like a celebrity! The shower was great. Lori's sis can really throw a party! So good to see Lori again. Her happiness is such a joy to see and feel. She was glowing. Glen, that lucky dog, knows a keeper when he sees one.

    LPage

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)