Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Be the Fruit Loop in a world full of Cheerios!

Be the Froot Loop in a world full of Cheerios! I read this on a Facebook status this morning. I hope it describes me. I don't want to be the boring Cheerio. I know they are better for you, but Froot Loops are more flavorful and fun.

I was sitting here having a pity party for myself. Since Mom died, Mother's Day is not my favorite holiday. Growing up, I always imagined myself being a mother someday. But, that wasn't to be either. So now, Mother's Day just seems to be a reminder of everything I don't have. Thus, the pity party.

I want to be a Froot Loop. I want to be fun and colorful. I love my monkey hat. Many of my friends and family HATE it. I think it's who I am. Even at 41 years old, I don't want to act like an old lady. I may feel like one, I may look like one, but by golly I refuse to act like one! Farts and burps are funny. Silly hats are fun. Bright colored t-shirts and wearing my hair in dog ears makes me feel good. I love a good joke, and a funny prank. As long as I'm not hurting anybody, leave me alone. Why should what you think is proper be how I act?

This afternoon I'm going to get my hair cut and colored. I may go for something fun, I may just keep it boring. Froot Loop or Cheerio, what are you?

~Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)