Pages

Friday, May 20, 2011

A Rant and a Recipe

Today Kelly's Korner is doing Show Us Your Life - Main Dish Recipes. After the recipe, I'm going to rant for a bit, stay tuned!

I'm all about easy, tasty recipes.

Ritzy Chicken
1 whole chicken
2 cups minute rice
1 can cream of mushroom
1 tablespoon Mrs Dash Garlic and Herbs
1 can sliced mushrooms
1 cup shredded cheese
1 cup REAL bacon bits
1 stick butter
1 sleeve Ritz crackers - crushed

Boil the chicken, keep the stock
Pull the chicken off the bone, put in a mixing bowl
Add everything (but the butter and crackers) and mix it together.
Add two cups of the chicken stock. Mix some more!
Melt the butter.
Put the crushed crackers in another bowl, pour the butter on top and mix it up.
Spray a casserole dish with Pam.
Pour in the ingredients from the chicken bowl. Top this with the cracker/butter mixture.
Bake in the oven for 30-45  minutes at 350 degrees. 

You can "healthy" this up. Sometimes I like to add broccoli into the mix. This recipe is not the original I received, it is made to be tweaked. Some people like to add sour cream and/or cream cheese. It's a personal choice. You can even go the easy route and use canned chicken and a box of broth. I'm all about fast and easy!

I loved this stuff before I got my lap-band. I'm wanting some now!

Tonight I attended a high school graduation. OH MY HEAVENS!!! I was taking pictures of some of the outfits! I was really tempted to post them. Since the graduation was outside, and it was kind of hot and humid, I wore my school clothes. Nothing fancy. I obviously didn't get the memo that club dress was preferred.

There were women there wearing skirts so short I was uncomfortable. They also seemed to have forgotten that they would be walking up metal bleachers and that some folks would be beneath them!!!!! Oh my, you shouldn't see somebody that 'personally' in public!

Seriously, what were they thinking? In what world, culture, or society do you dress for a high school graduation like you are a hooker on your dinner break? These students have spent 13 years getting to where they are. I believe business attire, Sunday go-to-meeting clothes, and even casual summer clothes would be appropriate. But strapless, tube-tops, low-cut halter tops, and skirts that barely cover your hiney should not even be considered!!! Have some respect and don't wear clothes that would get your child sent home if they wore them to school!

Whew, I feel better!

Today's food:
2/3 Sausage McMuffin
Fruit n Yogurt Parfait
Wheat Thin Stix
Chicken Strips, green beans, Au Gratin potatoes
Chinese takeout (Chicken, egg drop soup, rat-on-a-stick, spring roll)
1/2 Lenny's Club Sub on wheat with Mustard

Obviously was still a little hungry today. I'm hoping it's just hormones. I did get stuck twice today. I have to quit letting myself get so hungry I forget how I'm supposed to eat. CHEW CHEW CHEW is an absolute must!

If you love Sweet Southern Tea but don't need the sugar, try Milo's Sweet No Calorie Tea. I buy mine at Kroger. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)