Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

When the River is Deepest it makes the least Noise

Finally, we saw the sunshine today. I was very surprised when we got a phone call this morning saying that school was closed! Our street is almost completely dry. We went to Huddle House for breakfast. I had scrambled eggs, sausage gravy, and hash browns. After we drove to Memphis, just to look at the river. It is crazy! They say this is the highest it's been since 1937! On the way back we drove by our school. The water was deep enough we didn't want to chance driving though it. One of the elementary schools is going to bus the teachers and students in through the water!

I started feeling like I have a cold. My nose is stopped up and I'm achy. Blaine took me to Chinatown Kitchen for lunch. Hot and Sour Soup and extra spicy Szechuan Shrimp was just the ticket! I tried egg roll again. I chewed it super good and slow. I didn't get stuck! I had a bit of stuck feeling but it went away. After taking a FOUR hour nap, I feel much better! Dinner was leftovers and Glee and Dancing with the Stars! Hopefully I'll be able to sleep tonight!

My tomatoes got lots of sunshine today. It was still a little cold, but they are survivors!

~Robin

1 comment:

  1. My onions made it through although they're a lil soggy. We went to Genghis Grill with my Bro, Sis in Law & their friends on Sunday. I donno what was different but it wasn't as good as the first time. Was too... wet & soggy. Maybe I chose too much sauce?!

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)