Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

Fried Bologna, Purple Onion, Tomato, and Miracle Whip

Day 11 of Summer Vacation has been a great day! We started off by going to Lehi. It's a wide spot in the road off of Interstate 40 before you get to West Memphis. They have a place called The Peach Shed. They sell all kinds fruits and vegetables. We bought squash, zucchini, tomatoes, and a cantaloupe.

We went to Red Lobster for a late lunch. I had a Garden Salad, cup of New England Clam Chowder, and three Coconut Shrimp. I got the rest to-go including the brownie a la mode! Since we had so much food in the car, we headed back to the house.

I kept thinking about how much I wanted a thick slice of bologna with some of the tomatoes we'd bought. We stopped at the store. We bought a chunk of bologna, a purple onion, and some lettuce.

After all the excitement, I felt the need for a nap! When I woke up I sliced a piece of bologna and fried it in the pan. While it was cooking, I sliced the tomato and purple onion. White bread with Miracle Whip with all the stuff in between, I was in heaven! I just can't think of what would have tasted better!

What's your favorite sandwich? My friend Lisa likes peanut butter, tomato, and mayo. Not my cup of tea, but to each their own!

Today's food: Cheetos, garden salad, clam chowder, coconut shrimp, brownie a la mode, fried bologna goodness, and cantaloupe.

I love summer!

~Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)