Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2011

How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours. ~Wayne Dyer

I like the idea of Karma and the Golden Rule. Treat people how you want to be treated.

Growing up I was made fun of for being fat. There were guys who didn't want to date me because I was fat. I was okay to be friends with, but never okay to take home to mom.

I acknowledge that I was extremely obnoxious growing up. I like to think that has calmed down as I've gotten older.

I would also like to preface this blog with the following statement: I would never wish obesity on anybody. It is unhealthy and stressful.

Because of facebook, I have been able to see people that made my life miserable at times. Either by teasing me, excluding me, or ignoring me, they made me feel inferior. Now I see them in pictures and they look like I did. Is this karma?

Is it wrong of me to giggle just a bit? Is it just human? I don't run up to them when I see them and go "HAHAHA you're fat! or your wife is bigger than me!" I don't say it out loud, but I'd be less than honest if I didn't admit to thinking it!

I've never had a single person apologize for how they treated me. Maybe they didn't realize they did it. I do know there are a few people I should apologize to for my behavior. If I ever run into them I will do it. I promise!

~Robin

1 comment:

  1. Preach on sister! Perfection . . . and not only did I giggle at your post, but I also giggle a little when I see those meanies not looking so hot. What comes around, goes around.
    Becca

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)