Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life. ~Rita Rudner

Today was our FIFTH anniversary. It's been the best five years of my life. I love Blaine more today than I ever have. I don't know what I'd do without him. He's an amazing man and husband!

We try to see my family several times a year. We left this morning and headed for the hills!

We took our time. First we stopped at Wal*Mart and did a little shopping. Then it was the Bulldog for a grilled cheese and onion rings! Fred's was next, my sister put in a request! Finally we had arrived!
The Peanut was there! He's such a sweet boy. He climbed in my lap and we played photo session. I was so tired when we arrived. My head is still hurting. It doesn't seem to be constant. So we took a little nap!
My sister and the Peanut headed to his ball game. Blaine and I headed to Janssen's Lakefront Restaurant for our anniversary dinner! Just as we were leaving the gravel road, a big ol' black snake was crossing the road! I tried to get Blaine to back up so I could take a picture, but no pic :(

Beth and Tim own/operate the restaurant. I've known Beth for years! Her mom was my first grade teacher! I ordered the Andouille crusted Grouper.

It came with a salad, fresh mixed vegetables, rolls, and mashed potatoes. It was sooooo GOOD! While we were there, I signed into FourSquare and we got a free dessert! Blaine chose the Turtle Cheesecake. We had to get it to go, we were stuffed!
We ate it later. It was as good as it looked! We went to Fred's, J.R.'s Hickory House, and then stopped for a Shaved Ice. Ahhhh, life is good!

Tomorrow the Family Reunion, stay tuned!

Today's food: salad w/chicken, Sonic burger, onion rings, grilled cheese, grouper, salad, veggies, mashed potatoes, shaved ice, and turtle cheese cake!

~Robin

2 comments:

  1. Is this the reunion with the family who has a lot of unusual names? Have fun!! Love the blog.

    LPage

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reunion is with my dad's side, the unusual names, that's my mom's side!

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)