Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Pickled Green Beans and Okra





Today I was happy to welcome my friend, Ellen, to the R&B B&B! She drove all the way from New Orleans! I was supposed to be driving her to a wedding on Saturday. Instead, I'll be going to my Uncle Clyde's funeral.

Ellen has promised to take lots of pictures for me!

Ellen wanted some Memphis BBQ. I decided the quintessential place for Memphis BBQ was The Rendezvous. It's a Memphis landmark! It's down an alley and in a basement. You have to know where it is! We ordered RIBS!




After dinner we took Ellen for a ride around Memphis. We showed her the Peabody, Beale Street, Sun Records, FedEx Forum, Mississippi Greenbelt Park and ended the night with a slush from Sonic! I'm so glad she's here!


Ellen is such a sweetie! After I got home from New Orleans last week, I sent her a text and asked her to go to the grocery store and get me some pickled green beans. I so loved the one I tried at the Oceana Grill that was in my Virgin Mary! She found them and brought me some!!!
How awesome is she?? She even brought some pickled okra to keep it company!


Today's food:
Beef Vegetable Soup (I got stuck on the roast in the soup), Leftover Fried Squash and Zucchini, One Rib, Ham, Sausage, Cheese, and a small Cherry Slush.

I'm learning to stay away from long, stringy meat. I just have to remember all these lessons I'm learning!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Following you from F.M.B.T!
    Hope you visit me and return the
    follow!:0)

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)