Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

A bargain is something you can't use at a price you can't resist. Franklin Jones

Today was BARGAIN DAY! We started off the day by going to Borders. They are closing and everything is marked down. I have to admit, I don't buy nearly as many "real" books since I got my Kindle.

I love my Kindle. But there is just something about browsing through the books, touching them, looking at the cover art, and reading the backs. I would still rather read on my Kindle, but I like to find the real book and then order it.

After we made our purchases, we went to McAlister's. Today was FREE TEA DAY!!!! Yes, I got sweet tea and drank every single drop! It was fresh and delicious! I don't drink it every day, so it's okay. I promise.

Spaghetti Warehouse was also hosting $5 Lasagna Day! Late lunch! I ate all the juice out of my Wedding Soup, 4 Fried Zucchini Sticks, and 3 pieces of fried cheese. I didn't eat any of my lasagna. We took it home and ate it for snack. I had 1/3 of it.

My car had been dropped off at Wal-Mart. It needed an oil change and the tires rotated and balanced. We picked it up and headed home. After Blaine worked on the yard, we went to Kroger.

I'm hosting a Birthday Party for my friend Charlotte Saturday. Happy Birthday Char!!!! I picked up some of the stuff. I'm going shopping again tomorrow. I'm making two trips because I hadn't cut all my coupons and sorted them into my binder!

I've also been pouring over recipes today. I like The Pioneer Woman Cooks because she shows pictures of what she's cooking as she makes it! So far, I've printed out The Best Lasagna. Ever and Meatloaf. I'd like cooking more if I didn't have the dishes afterward.

Please don't start suggesting I get Blaine to help. We have a deal: I do the kitchen, he does the yard. He doesn't ask me to help weed and I don't ask him to help wash dishes. It works for us!

For dinner I cooked battered fish by Gortons in the oven. I chopped it up and ate it in shredded lettuce, tomatoes, onions, salsa, hot sauce, and ranch. I called it Fish Taco Salad. I didn't get stuck once!

Show some blog love! It's the end of the month!
~Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)