Pages

Friday, July 8, 2011

Cucumber Salad and a Mental Illness?

Today has been one of those days. I woke up at 5 am to call Chick-fil-A to see if anybody had found and returned my little Vera Bradley bag. NOPE!

I then began calling American Express, Chase Visa, Mandarin Oriental, MGM Grand, and any other place that I had used to book stuff for our trip. I canceled all my cards. I was so sad! I've been depresses most of the day.

Next was a trip for a new driver's license (at least I got a cute pic!), a stop by the tax assessor's office, and a visit to the Social Security Office to request a new card. I'm sure there's something I've forgotten!

I have to give props to American Express. They didn't cancel BOTH of our cards like the bank and Visa. Just my card. That helps. 

Stupid things are making me sad, my favorite lipstick and eyeliner were in there. My band discount card lived in there too. My friend Sara gave me the lovely little Vera. Just the fact that I know somebody found it and didn't take it back to the restaurant. They haven't even tried to use any of the cards. They could have kept the Vera and the $5 that were in there. Dangit, I just wanted my stuff back! Not the best timing. More people just need to do the right thing!

I truly feel like there is something wrong with my brain. I constantly forget things. I leave things behind. I have no idea where stuff is. It plays havoc with my life. Is there a drug that will fix this?

Today at Kelly's Korner is Show Us Your Life: Side Dishes. 
Cucumber Salad

Peel and dice 3 cucumbers (if they are big and have hard seeds, take the seeds out!)
Peel and dice 3 ripe tomatoes
Dice a large Purple onion (you can use any kind of onion, purple is my fav!)
Pour 1/3-2/3 cup Vinegar (I like Red Wine Vinegar) over the top
Pour 1/3-1/2 cup Vegetable Oil over the top 
Salt and pepper to taste

Mix everything and let it set for at least 30 minutes. The longer it sets the better it tastes!

I like to add a little minced garlic, fresh jalapenos, or Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb. Word of Advice: If you try to use Olive Oil it will solidigy when you refrigerate and makes an ugly mess! You'll want to heat it in the microwave for 15-20 seconds to get the oil liquid again.

My sister likes more oil than vinegar, I like more vinegar than oil. It's a personal preference! I can eat this stuff until I'm sick. I love it!

I made it and took it to my Aunt Liv's house last night! It's a wonderful summertime addition to any meal!

Don't forget to show your bloggy love! I love comments!
~Robin

3 comments:

  1. Sorry about your purse! Your recipe looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left mine in a restaurant once. Thankfully it was still there when I went back for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to try your cucumber salad! It sounds totally yummy!

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)