Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Las Vegas is the only place I know where money really talks--it says, "Goodbye." FRANK SINATRA,


 Thursday was a happening day! I'm so glad that Blaine goes out in the morning time and lets me gradually wake up. I'm not excited about getting out first thing in the morning and walking miles in the heat.

We did lunch at Cabo Wabo. Blaine has wanted to go there for years and get a margarita. Did you know that a TINY 12oz Margarita is $10! What is with Vegas and the price of beverages? Once again the meal was okay, but nothing spectacular. We did get a "free" postcard. I think we paid for it with the price of the Margarita!
table top

"free" postcard

$10 Maragarita 12 ounces

Chips and weird salsa, we didn't really like it.

What's left of the sampler! Queso, Guacamole, Chicken taquitos, Cheese Quesadilla, Tostadas, and chicken wings.
We hopped on the bus and rode down to the Venetian. If you sign up for a card there you get a free t-shirt! Blaine and I have matchy-matchy shirts now :)

We walked around the stores in the Wynn and The Venetian. Fancy Schmancy! I took a picture of the Manolo Blahnik store, but I can't get it to load for some reason. My feet hurt just looking at the shoes!

It's nap time. I wanted to get a little rest before we went to see KA. We had tickets for the 9:30 show. What was I thinking? That's 11:30pm Arkansas time! We took a taxi to the MGM Grand. I didn't want to be all hot and sweaty in my cute clothes!


We ate dinner at The Studio Cafe. Sounds fairly reasonable, HAH! Blaine's Fried Chicken was $18. I ordered Chicken Noodle Soup, $8 and we got Spinach and Artichoke Dip, $10! The topper of the bill was the $4.50 Mr. Pibb! For that price they should at least have Dr. Pepper!




Time for KA! I was so excited. I'd read so many reviews that said this was the BEST Cirque show to see. We ponied up a little extra money and sat up close, FOUR rows from the stage! The camera police were out in full force. I had to be sneakier than at Mystere! So the pictures aren't as good.

Giant flying thingy that flew right over our heads!

More of the flying thingy.

This was AWESOME! It's a vertical wall with "arrows" that they used for climbing and swinging and flipping all over it!


Part of the set.

Tickets!
KA was very well produced. It has a storyline, which most Cirque shows really don't. Lots of pyrotechnics and people flying over head. It also had this really cool sequence of two guys in giant hamster wheels that was crazy! It was good, I just didn't enjoy it as much as Mystere. Mystere was funnier and had more acrobatics and gymnastics. KA had lots of fighting and running. Both were good, but if I have to pay to see one again. I'll go for Mystere!

Thursday is our last day here. We're heading home on Friday. I know Fluffy will be hungry!

Show some bloggy love! I love comments!

~Robin

2 comments:

  1. Was that $10 margarita in a plastic glass? Good grief. The bartender should be ashamed.

    Love the blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your dressed-up picture. You look great. I always like reading your blog to see what you are up to.

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)