Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2011

My Idea of Housework Is to Sweep the Room with a Glance!

I have to admit, I didn't weigh this morning. I was so excited to be making my Zuppa Toscana, I forgot!

It was super yummy! I had everything but the Kale or Swiss Chard. I will definitely be making this again. I may even try to make a lower calorie version.

Here is the recipe:
1 pound Italian sausage (I may try it without the meat or use turkey sausage)
2 large russet baking potatoes sliced in quarters and then in 1/4 inch slices (Could be done with just one potato)
1 large chopped onion (I used the frozen, chopped onions from Kroger)
1/2 cup Oscar Meyer Real Bacon Bits (these are less fatty than real bacon)
2 cloves garlic, minced (I didn't use fresh, I have the bottled kind)
2 cups chopped kale or Swiss chard
2 14.5 ounce cans chicken broth (get the fat free version) (I used more than this. I also added some bouillon. I wanted more juice and chickenier!)
1 quart water
1 cup heavy whipping cream (maybe half and half, whole milk, 2%, or skim. I'll have to test it out)


*Cook sausage in a skillet and drain on paper towels. (I used my Pampered Chef Mix'n'Chop, AWESOME!)
*Place onions, potatoes, chicken broth, water, and garlic in a pot and cook on medium heat until potatoes are done. 

*Add sausage, bacon, salt, and pepper to taste and simmer for another 10 minutes. 
*Turn to low heat; add kale and cream. Heat thoroughly and serve.

We watched the movie Secretariat this afternoon. I really enjoyed it. It was a happy ending and those are my favorites! 

As soon as the movie was over we jumped in the car and headed to Charlotte and Larry's. Charlotte needed a little help coloring her hair. I felt extremely unqualified! It is not my niche!
 I put on the rubber gloves and got to work. We had fun. I'm not sure how good I did, but we had fun!
While we were waiting the "25 minutes" there was a commercial for a new show. I'm not sure the name, I think it may be "Hillbilly Hand Fishing!" Good grief, I'm gonna have my own show someday at this rate! 
I saw this magnet on Char's fridge. I do believe it is my new motto!


We had pizza at Charlotte's and stopped for late dinner at Outback. When we got home I checked on my pot garden. I have squash blossoms!!!!!
I don't even know if there's still a cucumber plant in the pot. I didn't know squash plants were so aggressive! They are trying to curl their little feelers into one of my bushes. I have to keep freeing it!


So far I've really been enjoying my pot garden. I haven't been very successful, but I want to try again next summer! I still don't know what happened to my pepper plant. I think I need a gardening mentor to hold my hand (or trowel) and help me out! Any takers?


Thanks for all the bloggy love and for signing those comments!


~Robin


Today's food:
Zuppa Toscana, pizza, potato soup, Zuppa Toscana, Chex Mix


I'm getting a little frustrated with my digital scales. They aren't moving. The doctor's office says I've lost weight. The digital scales aren't moving. The manual scale now says I weigh about 7 pounds less than the digital scales. I've put Blaine on the scales and they work fine for him. ARRGGHHH!!!


Also, since the fill I'm getting stuck more often. I have to get back to chewing more and eating slower. It's like I have to retrain myself after every fill. Also after a fill, I like soup and mashed potatoes. They rarely make me stuck.  Hopefully, when school starts back, my weight loss will be kick started. 


We eat out too much and I'm not good at saying "NO, lets go home." I don't wanna cook or do the dishes. I do try to make smart menu choices.




1 comment:

  1. Maybe the scales work for Blaine because he doesn't talk to them and I know you do. You probably haven't always used your "nice voice" either. lol

    LPage

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)