Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

Summer Days and Summer Nights

Today was another "normal" day. We went grocery shopping. I didn't have a lot of coupons, about $10 worth. Our cupboards were pretty bare.

I cooked chicken strips, green beans, and hoppin' johns for late lunch. We went to see "Horrible Bosses." It was hilarious. Be warned it is filled with crass language, sexual innuendos, violence, drugs, and all the R stuff. It really made me think of 9 to 5 with guys and more bosses :)

After the movie we went to Memphis Pizza Cafe. We used our ticket stubs and got a large for the price of a medium! I ordered half a chef salad and ate one piece of pizza. We brought the rest home. It'll be breakfast and lunch tomorrow!

I also harvested my pot garden today. One poor tomato had already been feasted on by a nasty bird! I threw it away. Don't birds carry viruses or other nasty germs?
Another I picked a little early and let it ripen in the house. I think it looks beautiful! This is one EXPENSIVE tomato! I don't even want to think about all the money I've spent on my little garden.
It's gonna taste great on a salad with some of my onions!

I planted some cucumbers and squash before we left. Right now the squash are going nuts! I don't even know if there's a cucumber plant in there anymore! I love how the little feelers grab onto the metal cage and climb up!

Today's food:

Chicken leg, 1/2 biscuit, potatoes w/gravy, chicken strip, green beans, black-eyed peas (Hoppin' Johns), chef salad, fat-free sun-dried tomato dressing, slice of cafe supreme pizza, salsa, and tostitos.

~Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)