Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2011

There are still good people!

This is me, still awake. Packing is almost done. I still have to clean the kitchen. My mother-in-law will be coming over to check on my killer dog, Fluffy, and to water my pot garden! Don't try breaking in my house! We took all the good stuff with us!!

Stay tuned this week, I'll be attempting to blog daily about all the fun things we do on our grand adventure.

Last night I went to Generations in Southaven, MS. My friend, Mo Alexander, was the headlining comedy act. I haven't seen him in several years and it was good to see him again!
My friends, Mandy and Connie, were also there to see the show. My phone died before I could snap a pic of Connie :(

Mandy has been one of my very best friends over the past decade. I'm hoping that she is moving back to this neck of the woods soon!!!

After I got home from the show, I charged my phone. I was able to see that I had gotten an email from an employee of Chick-fil-A!!! They had found my little Vera! She was safe and sound. Too bad I had already canceled ALL of my cards!

We went to pick her up this afternoon! I was so excited! Everything was in it, even the change and the $5 bill. The manager didn't tell me who found it. But God knows. There are still good people in the world and I try to remember that every day!
After we retrieved Vera, we went for a celebratory lunch at Bahama Breeze. Aunt Olivia had given me a $10 off coupon, so of course we had to go! We ordered Spinach dip and tortilla chips. I ordered the Calypso Shrimp Pasta. By the time they delivered our entree, I was stuffed with dip. I took everything, but the shrimp Blaine ate, home. We had it for dinner!




This is my happy face at lunch. I was so happy to have my little Vera back!

It's 12:47am and I am still wide awake! All the packing, except for my computer, mouse, kindle, phone, and chargers are all packed. The kitchen is as clean as it's going to get and my clothes are laid out for in the morning! I figure there's something I've forgotten, I always do! But there is a CVS pharmacy nearby, they should have anything I'll forget!

Today's Food:
Spinach Dip, Tortilla Chips, Cucumber Salad, Calypso Shrimp Pasta, and beef jerky.

My lap-band and I are starting to be a little more in sync. When I start to feel stuck, I have to stop RIGHT then! Give it a little time to settle or stop eating completely. This seems to be working much better. I believe the problems I've been having are completely my own fault for not adjusting my habits! I do believe I'll be ready for my fill on the 20th!

Don't forget to show some bloggy love! I love comments!
~Robin

p.s. I also received my "package" from Spaghetti Warehouse, very nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)