Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Pioneer Woman's Meatloaf

I'm ready to have more energy. I just feel exhausted all the time. I guess I'm still acclimating from my "Summer State of Mind" to my "Back to Earning a Living Mind."

After sending Blaine to Wal-Mart to get me a broiler pan. I finally made Pioneer Woman's Meatloaf.
I had to show Blaine what a Broiler pan looked like before he went to the store. He did an awesome job and got just what I needed!
Thank goodness for the PW's cooking for dummies instructions. I set up the iPad and scrolled with my elbow while I cooked. This would also be awesome for following directions when doing a science experiment too.
I donned my apron and did my best Betty Crocker imitation!

I try to have a little fun while channeling my inner Betty.
Here's my final product. It was okay, but it still wasn't my momma's. Thanks to my wonderful sister. She says next time we visit she'll make me Mom's meatloaf. I may video her!
While I was peeling potatoes to mash, I decided to peel them all. I whipped up a batch of potato soup. Blaine loved it! It's great comfort food.
I have to add that I wasn't in love with this meatloaf. It was good. Just not what I was wanting.

The Pioneer Woman's cooking show aired today on Food Network.  We both watched and now Blaine is wanting Chicken Fried Steak. We'll see.

I have a fill for my lap-band scheduled this Wednesday. I'm ready! That should seriously curtail my desire to cook. I'll be wanting some soup!!!

Keep showing the bloggy love!

~Robin

Today's food:
Meatloaf, Lasagna, Baked Fish w. Shrimp Stuffing, Turnip Greens, Nachos, and Lemonade

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)