Pages

Friday, August 19, 2011

I've got all the money I'll ever need, if I die by four o'clock. - Henny Youngman

I have not been feeling particularly motivated to blog lately. I'm blaming the first week of school!

We're so tired most of the time when we get home, we eat, watch tv, and go to bed. Eventually, we'll build up our tolerance to the energy of work and get back to our regular schedule.

This morning we had the joy of getting in the car, starting it and having it die. It would start fine, it just wouldn't idle.

We hopped in the other car and headed to work. When we got home, Blaine tried cranking it and putting it in the gear. NOTHING! Now it won't even start. Arghhh!!! Hopefully we'll be able to get it towed and fixed. This will make the THIRD time since June. It is very frustrating.

We want this car to go another 50,000 miles and it's not cooperating. How dare it! We feed it gas and oil, keep it clean, give it a nice, clean garage to sleep in and it does us like this! We are not amused.

So, instead of wallowing in pity, we headed to Southaven for dinner. I had a salad and grilled vegetables. Yummy. I had a part of a chicken strip (about an inch) and part of a fish fillet (about two inches.)

After dinner we went to Sam's club. OMG I had a bunch of stuff to buy. I'm ready for us to start getting paychecks again! This business of getting all our summer checks at once and no money again until September gets old!

My phone has been acting wonky and I had to remove foursqure. I'm very sad, but it was making using my Torch almost impossible. I hope they get the bugs fixed soon!

On the lap-band front, I have been doing much better with my portion control and having that stuck feeling so often. My weight is still 276. 

Show some bloggy love!

~Robin

Today's food:
1/3 breakfast burrito filling (no tortilla, yuck)
1 cup potato soup
1/2 cup broccoli salad (raw broccoli is not my friend)
cheetos (I know, Bad Robin! Bad!)
1/2 cup spaghetti with meat sauce
1 oz chocolate (moderation, 4 Hershey eggs instead of half the bag!)
4 ritz crackers with cheese
House salad with 1 T ranch
grilled zucchini, mushrooms, and onions
1/4 of a chicken strip
1/4 of a catfish fillet (yes it was fried)
tartar sauce (i don't know how much, but not a lot)
Broccoli Cheese soup
1/2 slice pork tenderloin (all the fat removed)

Dear Heavens, what a list. Where did it all go? Could be that it is time for a fill. I get hungry every 1 1/2 to 2 hours. By the time we got home today I felt almost weak I was so hungry. My tummy was making noises and wanting to know where the food was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)