Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Bacon? BACON!!!!

I want your opinion.

When somebody does you wrong, such as fabricate a story or flat out lie, be mean, try to get you in trouble, cause you grief, and just generally be bad, what does forgiveness entail? Just because I begin speaking to them again, does that mean I want to go back to our previous level of friendship?

I don't think so. I still believe I should receive an apology. I know I'll never get one, but it should still be given.

I've done some bad things in my life. For which most of them I have apologized, or I've just left those people alone.

I just don't get how they think, if they act like nothing ever happened, it will all go back to the way it was.

It won't. I will never trust you again. You lied to other people about me. That's worse than just lying to me, you lied about me.

Am I wrong. Should I just go back to the way things were? Should I invite this person back into my home like nothing happened?



On to a happier topic. I'm contemplating becoming a vegetarian. Not because I'm joining PETA or because I'm feeling guilty for eating food that used to have a face. It's because meat appears to be the main culprit of getting "stuck."

I don't do chicken anymore. I'm giving up hamburger (after last night who could blame me?) Sausage is iffy. Ham in tiny amounts. Steak is still okay in small chunks and very tender!

Then there's bacon. I LOVE BACON. If I can't eat it, I will just smell it and lick the outside. I believe that everything is better with bacon, seriously! I'll never give up bacon. They have a bacon liquor, I might like that too! Do you think they pour maple syrup around the lip of the glass?

Tonight we ate dinner at Margarita's. I asked them to grill me a plate of fajita onions. No chicken, tomatoes, bell peppers, or tortillas. Just the onions. The waiter was a little concerned, but he brought me a big ol' plate of onions. They were AWESOME! I did not eat the entire plate, but I did eat quite a few. I also had refried beans, tortilla chips, and white cheese dip. I was happy and didn't get stuck once!
Don't they look yummy???? I've also developed a major love for squash and zucchini, of course with some onions and a little bacon thrown in the pot! BTW I use bacon bits, much less fat that sliced bacon! I'm also groovin' on refried beans.

Poor Blaine. He'll have to deal with me later :)

Show some bloggy love! Seriously do it!!!

~Robin

Today's food:
Candy (3 whoppers, 1 snicker squared, and a Reese's Cup)
plate of fried onions!
refried beans
cheese dip
tortilla chips
salsa
BBQ fritos with pintos and cheese

3 comments:

  1. Robin, if I ate all those onions I would be farting like a mule. lol
    One time, BP told me that salad is what food eats. I thought it was a pretty fair statement. Good luck on your meatless /near meatless journey.
    LPage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Q: I want your opinion.

    When somebody does you wrong, such as fabricate a story or flat out lie, be mean, try to get you in trouble, cause you grief, and just generally be bad, what does forgiveness entail? Just because I begin speaking to them again, does that mean I want to go back to our previous level of friendship?

    ~ You answered your own question:

    A: It won't. I will never trust you again.

    Do you want someone into your life that you will never trust again? Thats only for you to decide.

    As for the meatless menu maybe with some time you'll be able to handle it a little better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sistah, interesting post in that I received a certified letter from a former friend in June terminating a friendship after a year of what I thought was simply growing apart. She thought I was ashamed of griping at her. I hadn't thought about it bc I felt she deserved to be griped at. (she stood me up and didn't call until 2h later when I was already asleep). I didn't realize our squabble was really a squabble...I wasn't mad.
    All this to say that maybe you should let her know she offended you. Maybe she's a social idiot like me who forgets James chapter 3. :(


    Super-sister-nurse

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)