Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

"What's another word for thesaurus?" - Steven Wright

Yesterday was picture day at school. I have had my picture made at "school picture day" for as long as I can remember without missing a year!

My mom took me when I was too young to remember. Then k-12, college, and of course every year that I've been teaching school (18 years).

I remember planning my outfits the night before, sleeping on pink sponge rollers, or the black prickly rollers, waking up early and taking extra time on my hair and make-up. School pictures always produced excitement and a little dread!

It's great that I'm in charge of school pictures at my school. The photographers are awesome! I get to see my picture and decide if I like it, right then! I get to play "photo shoot" all morning! Blaine and I get a photo taken together and this year I had my picture made with Kissy and Sara! What a hoot!

I was looking through some of my old yearbooks, getting a little nostalgic,  and decided to share a few pictures.
1978

1979

1980

1982

1999

1998

1993

1992

1990

1991
I'd like to find the rest of my pictures and put them all in order. Forty plus years of pictures, woohoo!

What do you remember about picture day?

Keep showing the bloggy love!

~Robin

Today's food:
Ramen noodles
slice of lunchroom pizza
salad with ranch
pringles
fun size butterfinger
cevollas fritas (fried onions)
refried beans
salsa and chips

1 comment:

  1. This post is awesome! My friend Angie and you could be twins in your 1992 picture.

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)