Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2011

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good!

We had a great weekend and we're looking forward to an even better week! Yesterday, we drove to Poplar Bluff, Missouri. My longtime friend, Lori, got married (eloped) this summer. They had a big reception to celebrate the nuptials last night.

During our trip we passed this cute little smart car. I'd love to ride in one, but not on the interstate. I think I'd pee in my pants every time we were near a semi!

We got to the hotel and what a surprise! Little did we realize that we would be staying with a celebrity at the Holiday Inn:
Wonder Woman!!!!!
We checked in and got all gussied up for the reception. I wanted to put my best foot forward. This would be my first time meeting Lori's husband IRL (in-real-life), we've been Facebook friends for several months.

There were a couple of former colleagues from my days with the Paragould School District. I had a wonderful time visiting with them and catching up on their lives. "Hey Trish and Linda!!!"


Lori reminded people that she was on the interview committee that hired me for my first job. It's hard to believe we've been friends for 18 years!! She's an awesome friend. Glen is a lucky man to have a woman, that great, love him. I guess I'll let them stay married. But beware Glen, you mess with her and you mess with me and whoever else I can find to join in my posse. :) I can be quite formidable when angered! (Just Kidding!) (Not really!!!)
Today's lunch was at Lambert's Cafe, the place where they have "throwed rolls." The food was okay, the rolls were hot, and I brought home a full to-go box.
They have workers walking through the restaurant with "pass arounds," fried okra, black-eyed peas, fried potatoes and onions, and tomatoes and macaroni noodles. The mac and tomatoes had bell peppers and way too much sugar, the others were very good!
Blaine had a good time catching his "throwed roll"

Not bad, especially when they pour molasses all over it!

The fried catfish was excellent. The cucumbers and onions had a bunch of sugar in them, I didn't eat them.

This is how much of my plate I brought home! There are a bunch of fried potatoes under the back roll!
We were so glad to get home. We snacked on the leftovers and I had some chopped fresh tomato (from my MIL's plant), crumbled bacon, and some ranch dressing! OMG it was delicious!
I need some help. This stuff on my face is getting worse. I have an appointment with the dermatologist in two weeks, but it's really starting to bother me. I'm contemplating rubbing my face down with Neosporin. Any suggestions? It itches. It burns when I wash my face. It doesn't feel like any "breakout" I've ever had. It is on both sides, but the left side is worse tonight. My forehead is also kinda scaly. YUCKO!!!



I don't know what to do. The only thing that I can think of that's changed, is that I'm no longer taking my BC pills. My face NEVER did this before I started taking them 5 years ago. Getting old bites!

Thanks for all the bloggy love you show!

~Robin

6 comments:

  1. We love you and Blaine!! You are one more who made my night by being there to help us celebrate!! And you have made a fan out of Glen. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man I haven't been to Lambert's in forever. Never to the one in MO. I donno about the stuff on your face tho. Chagning your pills (even stopping them) can make your body do weird things. Try some benadryl cream. Or something with oatmeal in it. Call the Dr and see if they can get you in sooner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am wondering if it is rosacea. I had it for a while. My dermatologist prescribed a gel first, which didn't work, then doxycycline tabs. First dosage was twice/day for a week or two. When it cleared, the maintenance dose was once a day for several months. When it was clear for a while, she dropped me to every other day, and I finally stopped after about 8 months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forgot to sign my post. I am Gerry in Little Rock, mother to 1 son and grandmother to 1 girl, age 11. Don't remember how I found your blog, but really enjoy reading it. Thanks for sharing your story and photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like an allergic reaction to me. Rosacea doesn't itch. It is entirely possible that you may have developed an allergy to something you've used all along. Can you try washing your face with a very mild soap (like Cetaphil)?
    BTW, we call those "Dumb Cars"... not particularly great on gas mileage and requires Premium gas... what's so Smart about 'em?
    ~Nina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Try Vicks va-Po rub. I have weird skin issues all the time. Sometimes Vicks works when Benadryl and aveeno won't. Don't put Cortaid on your face. Don't "steam" your face, either! LPage

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)