Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

It's Pickle Chicken time!

This morning I thought it was Friday. I was disappointed when I found out it was Thursday :(

I survived my disappointment and had a pretty decent day!

I took a look at my two tomato plants today and counted about FORTY tomatoes!!!! I hope they have a chance to ripen before we have a killing frost!
Several weeks ago I bought a gallon jar of dill pickles at Sam's Club. My friend Jami is a pickle fanatic and she has been eating her way through the jar, I've had 2-3! Today she polished off the jar!
This is the first and most important ingredient in PICKLE CHICKEN! Next you need some chicken!
 This is about 3 1/2 pounds. It will make for a full jar in the end. Open the packages and take the lid off of the jar of juice.
Now, grab the chicken and start dropping it in.
This is how full it looks after I added all of that chicken. Put the lid back on and place it in the refrigerator.

I like to let it sit for a 2-3 days before I cook it. I plan on cooking this Sunday night. I'll post the finale then!

We had a great time at trivia tonight. I was so glad Stacy came! The trivia jockey was taking song requests and I had a blast making song requests: Buckcherry, AC/DC, KISS, Sir Mixalot, Jimmy Eat World, Prince, Johnny Cash, etc.

Third is better than fourth!

Show some love!

~Robin

1 comment:

  1. If you're wanting to save your tomato plants from a frost all you have to do is bring them inside since they're in a pot. Set the pot on something so it doesn't damage your floor and put in front of a sunny window. You're tomotoes will go ahead and ripen, frost free!

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)